Thursday, August 23, 2012

Moments...

Life is lived in moments. 

I've been slowly learning this over the past number of years but it really came home to me anew the other night when I helped my sweet dog, Demi, deliver her first litter. 
Those precious tiny puppies are born shrink wrapped in a clear membrane which is very hard to break. My job was to tear an opening in the membrane so Demi could begin stimulating her puppies to take their first breath.

 A moment... 

          and life hung in the balance. 
 
Yes, life is lived in moments.

  And each moment matters. Each moment becomes part of a chain of moments which make up a lifetime. 

How will in live in this moment? 
            Will I love? 
            Will I give? 
            Will I deny myself, think of others?
            Will I live for the One who made me? 

Sometimes but not each time.

 Oh how I want each moment to be lived rightly. 

I am learning the only way to live in the moment is to walk with God...moment by moment, in faith and in trust. 


Jam 4:14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment