Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ice Storm





As I sat in my warm house
 looking out at the glistening branches covered with ice,
 it all looked so beautiful!


Yet, a closer look showed
amidst the beauty and sparkle
of the ice covered branches,
 trouble lurked.








The younger, more pliable branches
 bent slightly with their burden of ice.









However, the older branches,



and especially the evergreens,
almost touched the ground under this burden.





 Further still,
 I saw a few branches simply fell off under the weight of the ice burden and lay upon the ground.

They could not endure.





What about me? 

      When burdens come, am I the young branch,
                                                                                the older branch or
                                                                                                       
                                               am I the branch that falls off?


I have had seasons of being each of these branches. I prefer to be the young branch who endures under the weight of the burden without bowing low or falling off!

How do you carry your burdens? Do you know the One who wants to carry those burdens for you?

Here is his invitation:

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest. 
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me,
 for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
 and you will find rest for your souls. 
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30


English Standard Version (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment