Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Reflections at Patriot Lake by Nancy Webb, photographer

Reflections

It's January...a time of reflecting back and looking forward to what a new year holds. 
It's January...a time of renewal as we await Spring. 
It's January...a time of quietness if we listen for it.
It's January...a time of examining my heart. 

As I gaze upon this lovely photograph, I notice first the trees. Their image reflects in the water but so different from their true color and shape. 
I notice the sky which reflects almost identical to its true appearance. 

I ponder my reflection to the world around me. 
What do I reflect to others? 
Is my reflection a true picture of who I am like the sky? 
Or is my reflection different like the trees. 

My reflection depends on my heart. 
What is truly in my heart is reflected in my life.

It's January...take time to let God examine your heart so you may reflect Him to the world around you.

 As in water face reflects face,
    so the heart of man reflects the man.

Proverbs 27:19English Standard Version (ESV)


     

No comments:

Post a Comment